Individual and Family Therapy
Dr. Mooney provides therapeutic services for children and adolescents for concerns including:
- Trauma (for example abuse, neglect, injury, exposure to violence, natural disasters, etc.)
- Anxiety and worries
- Disruptive behaviors
- Family conflicts
- Parenting and co-parenting
- Sexual orientation*
- Gender identity/expression*
*Dr. Mooney provides affirming care for LGBTQ+ youth and their families. She does not engage in or condone the use of conversion or reparative therapies as these have been proven harmful to people and are not founded in scientific knowledge.
Dr. Mooney offers a wide variety of psychological evaluations including assessments of:
- Emotional and behavioral functioning (e.g., anxiety, depression, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, psychosis, etc.)
- Intellectual and developmental abilities
- Academic achievement and learning differences
- Diagnostic clarification
An assessment will begin with a one-hour clinical interview with the child and caregiver. The length of testing sessions will depend on the specific referral question(s) but can range from 2- 8 hours total (sometimes across two separate appointments) in-person. Each family will receive a comprehensive report and a feedback session in which all results are reviewed in detail. The total cost of an evaluation typically ranges from $500 - $2500 depending on the length of time spent in evaluation and preparation of the report. This will be discussed in detail with each family at the time of the initial appointment.
Consultation and training
Dr. Mooney provides a wide-variety of trainings and consultations for community groups, educators, private practitioners, etc. Examples of topics on which Dr. Mooney can provide training and/or consultation include:
- Trauma-informed care
- Recognizing and treating trauma in children and adolescents
- Psychological First Aid
- Working with LGBTQ+ youth
- Gender diversity in children and adolescents
- Assessment and treatment of children and adolescents
*If you do not see a topic listed here in which you may be interested, please contact to make an inquiry.
Costs for trainings are negotiated based on the length of training, number of participants, costs for materials, travel, etc.